Winter weather conditions can be a little rough here in Flemington, NJ but one thing that is for sure is that you’ll still be driving in style behind the wheel of a BMW. Am I right? Whether your travels take you near or far – it’s important to make sure that your vehicle is prepared for those ever-changing conditions. And although you may have checked your fall maintenance off your list, winter weather demands more from your vehicle and can leave you stranded if you have performed the appropriate kind of services!
Our 12 Car Care Tips For The Holidays!
- Check your battery. The winter is known for killing an already dying battery. Don’t be left out in the cold because you neglected your battery all year.
- Fill up the fluids. Oil, windshield wiper, transmission, brake, steering – if it’s a fluid, fill it up this winter.
- Give your tires a look over. If the tread or depth is looking poor – think about replacing them.
- Keep your tires filled to the correct PSI. Not only will this give you better gas mileage, but driving with tires at improper PSI levels can lead to dangerous situations.
- Replace your wipers and choose a set specifically designed for winter weather conditions.
- Take a look at your headlamps and tail lamps. If they’re dead, dying, or dirty – show them some love.
- Inspect your vehicle on daily basis.
- Replace any/ all filters that haven’t been changed recently for a clean smelling vehicle and improved gas mileage.
- Show your BMW some love by having the interior detailed.
- Get an alignment if your vehicle steering has been a little “off”. This is a good way to keep you safe and in the right lane.
- Problems with your vehicle starting? Replace the spark plugs.
- Stick to the recommended octane rating. This will improve your gas mileage which will make your wallet happy!